Bennett Cupit is a Director at Duff & Phelps’ Hong Kong office and is part of the Portfolio Valuation practice. Before joining our Hong Kong practice, Bennett spent over nine years in our San Francisco office, providing valuation and consulting services to private equity funds, hedge funds, venture capital firms, business development corporations, and corporate clients covering numerous industries across the world.
Bennett’s expertise lies in:
- Providing valuation services for illiquid investments such as private equity, debt, and derivatives;
- Assisting both GPs and LPs in developing and enhancing their valuation policy and procedures;
- Providing corporate valuation services for a variety of purposes including impairment testing, accounting for stock-based compensation, purchase accounting, valuation for tax purposes, and other corporate-related matters;
- Secondary market transaction pricing of illiquid fund positions between large, well known GPs and LPs; and
- Assisting private equity firms with valuing various management company entities.
Bennett received his M.B.A. with honors from Thunderbird School of Management and has a degree in International Economics from the University of Arkansas. He is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society, a CFA Charterholder, and a member of The CFA Institute.