Devinder is a director in the Real Estate Advisory Group (REAG). He concentrates on the valuation of special-purpose real estate, including unique, one-of-a-kind production facilities, and serves as the project manager for large, complex mass appraisal assignments.
Devinder performs valuations for financial reporting (including purchase price allocation, IFRS/ASPE adoption and impairment testing), merger and acquisition, collateral financing, sale, capital gains, estate planning, litigation support and insurance placement purposes.
Prior to joining American Appraisal (now Duff & Phelps) in 1999, Devinder specialized in appraisals for mortgage financing purposes. Previously, he worked as a polymer development technologist-chemist with United Technologies-Inmont Canada, a multinational corporation.
- Guru Nanak University, India, Bachelor of Science and Masters (History)
- York University, Toronto, Micro and Macro Economics
- Seneca College, Toronto, Urban Planning and Development
- Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI)
- Canadian Residential Appraiser (CRA)
- American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), Real Property/Urban
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Member
- Ontario Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Admissions Chair, Region 4 (2000 – 2005)
- Real Estate Council of Alberta
- Licensed Real Estate Appraiser