Errol Soriano, FCPA, FCA, FCBV, CFE is a managing director for the Disputes and Investigations practice. His practice is focused on business valuation, the quantification of financial loss and forensic investigation in the context of product liability, class actions, tax disputes, transaction disputes, franchise disputes, shareholder disputes, estate litigation, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, patent infringement (including Section 8 damages), forensic reviews, insurance claims (including professional negligence), and international trade and investment disputes.
Based in Toronto, Errol has more than 25 years of experience in business valuation, financial loss quantification and related matters and has testified over 40 times in various Canadian Courts and in both domestic and international arbitration proceedings. Errol has also been appointed as an Inspector pursuant to the Ontario Business Corporations Act.
Errol’s expertise is also sought in non-litigious matters to prepare fairness opinions to special committees of public companies and expert reports submitted to regulatory boards, professional associations and government ministries and agencies on matters concerning policy, regulatory compliance and pricing. Errol has also acted as a transaction advisor and mediator in buy/sell transactions
Errol has experience in a wide variety of industries with particularly deep experience in oil and gas, chemical manufacturing, aerospace and aviation, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, infrastructure development, heavy industry manufacturing, automotive manufacturing and retailing, franchising, consumer products, agriculture, fisheries and tax shelters.
Errol has received the honorary designation of Fellow from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators and also from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants in recognition of his valued contribution and overall leadership in the profession. Errol has been voted amongst the most highly regarded arbitration expert witness in Canada (2015, 2016) and is one of four damages experts in Canada currently named to the International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) based on their survey of Canadian lawyers and their assessment of other publicly available information.
Prior to joining Duff & Phelps, Errol was a Managing Director of Campbell Valuation Partners Limited, Toronto, ON.
Errol earned a HBA in Commerce and Finance from the Ivey School of Business Administration, University of Western Ontario. He is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Business Valuator.
- Fellow, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Fellow, Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Chartered Business Valuator, Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- Chartered Accountant, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Honours Business Administration, University of Western Ontario
- Honours Business Administration, University of Western Ontario, 1987
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- Business Valuation
- Quantification of Financial Loss
- Forensic Investigation
- Expert Testimony