Ian Corfield is a managing director in the London office and is part of the Global Restructuring Advisory practice. Ian is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Ian joined Duff and Phelps in February 2015 with 25 years’ experience in the restructuring and insolvency market-place, gained first at a Big 4 global advisory firm and more recently as a Partner in major international accountancy practice. He specializes in providing transformation, restructuring and debt advice to stressed and distressed businesses and their stakeholders. As a licensed Insolvency Practitioner, he also accepts corporate appointments when appropriate.
Ian has experience across a range of industries, particularly in the construction; asset on-hire; retail (high street and supply chain); care home; and hotel and leisure sectors. During his long career he has a proven track-record of successfully delivery assignments, including independent business reviews; cash flow management; stakeholder management; financial restructuring; distressed M&A and debt; and exit/contingency planning.
Independently acquired client testimonials prove Ian to be a genuinely solution driven professional adviser, who provides innovative, commercial and pragmatic advise with the client’s best interests at the forefront. Ian was nominated for Business Rescue of the Year in 2008 for his work on the Stone Firms insolvency, which saw the business recommence and all employees reinstated following its closure three months earlier.
Major engagements include:
- Strategic, financial, and working capital review of a £120m turnover games/toys supplier; successful debt package secured.
- Emergency, then subsequent, debt advice to an award winning central London boutique hotel; successful refinance.
- Distressed M&A of a £30m turnover roofing contractor; partial sale achieved.
- IBR and contingency planning for a £180m turnover food group; debt sale completed.
- Turnaround project for a £50m turnover installation contractor.
- CVA Supervisor of La Tasca Restaurants; successfully implemented.
- IBR, contingency planning and merger advice or a well known disaster relief charity; merger safely concluded;
- Accelerated M&A of a highly distressed £5 turnover “Big Data” analytics provider; share sale completed.
- Administration appointments over Threshers, Thomson Directories, Hilton Manchester & Radisson Liverpool.