James P. Harrington is a director at Duff & Phelps.
James provides technical support on client engagements involving cost of capital and business valuation matters, and is a leading contributor to Duff & Phelps’ efforts in the development of studies, surveys, online content and tools, and firm-wide valuation models.
Previously, James was director of valuation research in Morningstar's Financial Communications Business, and led the group that produced the Ibbotson SBBI Valuation Yearbook, Ibbotson SBBI Classic Yearbook, Ibbotson Cost of Capital Yearbook, various international cost of capital reports, and also Morningstar’s online “cost of capital resources center”.
James is co-author of the Duff & Phelps “Valuation Handbook” series:
• Valuation Handbook – Guide to Cost of Capital (John Wiley & Sons)
• Valuation Handbook ‒ Industry Cost of Capital (John Wiley & Sons)
• International Valuation Handbook – Guide to Cost of Capital (John Wiley & Sons)
• International Valuation Handbook – Industry Cost of Capital (John Wiley & Sons)
James is a contributing author to:
• Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples, 5th ed. (John Wiley & Sons).
James is the creator of the web-based Risk Premium Toolkit. The Risk Premium Toolkit is an online companion application of the Valuation Handbook ‒ Guide to Cost of Capital.