Jim is a director for the insurance - private sector group of the Fixed Asset Management and Insurance Solutions practice. He performs property insurance appraisals throughout the United States, Canada, Asia, and Europe, determining total replacement value of buildings and their contents.
Jim specializes in appraisals of process-type facilities, applying his academic background in chemical engineering. Types of facilities he has appraised include machine shops; foundries; glass, metal (magnesium and zinc), chemical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, electrical power, rubber, cement, and food processing plants; printing shops; office buildings; hospitals; schools; shopping malls; data centers; casinos; and hotels.
Jim joined American Appraisal (now Duff & Phelps) in 2000; he was promoted to manager in 2005 and to his current position in 2010. Previously, he served as a senior appraiser for Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc., and FM Global.
- University of Arkansas, Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Professional Affiliations and Development
- American Society of Appraisers, Accredited Senior Appraiser: Machinery and Technical Specialties/Machinery and Equipment
- Introduction to Machinery and Equipment Valuation
- Machinery and Equipment Valuation Methodology
- Machinery and Equipment Valuation - Advanced Topics and Case Studies