Nigel is a director of insurance services within the Fixed Asset Management and Insurance Solutions practice. He is experienced in developing the cost approach for insurance purposes in all industrial, commercial, and institutional occupancies, as well as cost trend development and maintenance. He has been a qualified instructor of the American Society of Appraisers’ machinery and equipment valuation courses since 1990.
Nigel joined American Appraisal (now Duff & Phelps) in 2000 and held various positions within the industrial valuation practice in the Milwaukee and Toronto offices. He has been in his current position since 2005. Prior to joining American Appraisal, he spent 21 years at FM Global, where he served as a manager of appraisal standards.
- University of Aston, Birmingham, England, Bachelor of Science - Metallurgy
- American Society of Appraisers, Accredited Senior Appraiser: Machinery and Technical Specialties/Machinery and Equipment
- Boston Chapter President 1993-1994
- Education Committee Chair, 2005-2006
- Education Committee Member, 2006-2007
- Admissions and Membership Committee Chair, 2000-2004
- Machinery and Technical Specialties Committee Member, 1999-2009
- Policies and Procedures Task Force Committee Member, 1998
- Institute of Materials (UK), Professional Member and Chartered Engineer
- University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA)
- Communications Committee Joint Chair 2009 - 2012; Affiliate Firm Committee Member, 2012-2016