Planning Manufacturing Strategies in an Uncertain World
The client anticipated a critical need for capacity expansion and must justify large and risky investment and determine the optimal capacity expansion strategy.
Duff & Phelps professionals designed and implemented a simulation to analyze manufacturing strategies. The outputs characterized demand fulfillment, factory utilization, capacity required to meet desired service levels and sensitivity to key assumptions.
Our work provided a more credible business case for increased capacity, which was then approved by the Board. Our client has continued to use the model actively and for many years since to evaluate a wide range of manufacturing strategy alternatives.
The Duff & Phelps Difference
Duff & Phelps answered key questions that helped the client make the right business decision, including:
- Which products are most impacted by shortfalls?
- How variable is excess capacity?
- How much capacity will be needed for meeting a demand target with high confidence?
- How and where should capacity be changed to meet targets, or reduce supply uncertainty?
- ESOP and ERISA Advisory
- Fairness Opinions
- M&A Advisory
- Private Capital Markets
- Restructuring Advisory
- Solvency Opinions
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Consumer, Retail, Food and Restaurants
- Energy and Mining
- Financial Services and Asset Management
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Media and Entertainment
- Real Estate
- Technology and Telecom
- Alternative Assets
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Cost of Capital
- Disputes and Investigations
- Goodwill Impairment
- Legal Management
- Risk Premium
- Transfer Pricing
- Transaction Opinions
- Latin America
- U.S. / Canada