SFC report on Asset management
On 21 January 2015, the SFC published a report entitled “Asset Management: Looking Forward”, which follows a series of meetings conducted by the SFC with senior executives in the asset management industry.
The report discussed the following:
- Solid growth in asset management over the past five years
- Increased demand for complex asset management products with high-yield, multi-asset unconstrained and alternative strategies
- Increased investor focus on fees
- Distribution of retail funds moving online
- Evolving international regulation, including focus on risk governance and risk culture of asset managers
- Varying viewpoints on systemic risk in asset management
- An emerging trend towards integration of environmental, social and corporate governance factors in investment risk assessment.
The report can be downloaded here.
If you have any questions, please contact Katrina Banh in our Hong Kong office.