The regulatory environment in the credit union sector in Ireland has never been more dynamic or challenging. The Report of the Commission on Credit Unions provided recommendations on a) governance, risk management and compliance, internal audit and fitness and probity, b) regulation of credit unions including the introduction of a prudential rulebook and c) deposit protection, resolution and stabilisation including the establishment of a state stabilisation mechanism.
The Central Bank of Ireland and Registrar of Credit Unions have the resources, skills and political will to be a significant influence on how the businesses of Credit Unions operate today and will operate in the future.
- Introductory compliance and regulatory gap analysis of your credit union
- PRISM support and regulatory engagement services
- Fitness and probity and minimum competency services
- Internal audit support
- Risk management support
- Forensic and dispute services
- Financial statement preparation
- Quarterly compliance health check
- Ad hoc training and Hot Issue reviews