Duff & Phelps helps boards of directors and special committees formed by boards fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities when considering many corporate transactions. Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps Ranked #1 for Announced Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and Globally in 2016, according to Thomson Reuters’ “Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2016."
Key ServicesDuff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking first for announced fairness opinions over the past five years. Over the past decade, we have provided more than 700 fairness opinions ($200 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
- Dividend recapitalizations
- Debt refinancings
- Intercompany restructurings
- Spin-offs and split-offs
- Core Practice: Ranked #1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally over the past five years and is the leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (over 1,400 fairness and solvency opinions and $3.2 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions in which Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism
Selected Transaction Opinions Experience
View additional experience here.