International Business Combinations
The release of International Financial Reporting Standards 3: Business Combinations (IFRS 3) and its revisions have resulted in a high degree of convergence-and also some significant differences-with ASC Topic 805.
IFRS 3 requires a rigorous and comprehensive process for the identification, valuation and, determination of the remaining amortisable life of intangible assets acquired in a business combination along with the fair valuation of the tangible assets. The rules are complex and subject to interpretation, resulting in increased scrutiny on the valuations required for purchase accounting purposes.
Duff & Phelps is uniquely positioned to assist with both tangible and intangible asset valuations.
International business combinations services include:
- Allocation of the purchase price to cash generating units
- Fair value estimates of intangible assets, including trade names, customer relationships, technology and patents
- Fair value of real estate and property plant and equipment
- Fair value of other assets, liabilities and contingent liabilities
- Support for residual goodwill
- Allocations to legal entities for tax allocation purposes