Duff & Phelps advised on the recapitalization of
MUMBAI - Duff & Phelps, the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor, today announced findings from its 2016 report on celebrity brand values in India. The report, Embracing the Change: A Concise Report on India’s Most Valuable Celebrity Brands, is the second edition of Duff & Phelps’ study.
“This year’s report recognizes the rise of women celebrity endorsers to the top of the brand value rankings” said Varun Gupta, Managing Director and Japan and Southeast Asia Leader. “In our 2014 celebrity brand valuation report we forecasted a change towards female celebrity endorsers becoming A-listers. That change has definitely been realized over the last two years.”
The report highlights evolving trends in celebrity endorsements, including increased usage of co-ownership models whereby celebrities hold an ownership stake in the brands they endorse, an increase in the use of celebrity endorsements in the e-commerce space and an increase in celebrities leveraging their brands through extensions into both related and unrelated product endorsements.
Key findings from the report include:
- Shah Rukh Khan tops the list with brand value of US$131.2 million, followed by Virat Kohli (US$92.4 million), Deepika Padukone (US$86.4 million), Salman Khan (US$58.3 million) and Priyanka Chopra (US$44.9 million).
- The total value of the top 15 celebrity brands in India is over US$691 million.
- The number of brands endorsed by top female celebrities has grown by over 50% over the last two years, and the value of female celebrity brand endorsers account for over 32% of total brand value as compared to 20% in 2014.
- New entrants Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt make a strong showing in the rankings claiming the 7th and 14th positions respectively.
- The top sectors using celebrity brand endorsers included personal care, food and beverages, automobiles, e-commerce and jewelry.
About Duff & Phelps
Duff & Phelps is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, real estate, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting. The firm’s more than 2,000 employees serve a diverse range of clients from offices around the world. For more information, visit www.duffandphelps.com.
M&A advisory, capital raising and secondary market advisory services in the United States are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities, LLC. Member FINRA/SIPC. Pagemill Partners is a Division of Duff & Phelps Securities, LLC. M&A advisory and capital raising advisory services are provided in a number of European countries through Duff & Phelps Securities Ltd, UK, which includes branches in Ireland and Germany. Duff & Phelps Securities Ltd, UK, is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Duff & Phelps provided valuation and related advisory services to the Board of OHA Holdings LImited in its recent ownership consolidation of Irving Oil, Limited
November 28-29, 2018 La Jolla,
November 28-29, 2018 La Jolla