Regionally targeted assistance for asset managers in compliance program development, implementation and maintenanceBy Jurisdiction
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
871 United Nations Plaza (1st Avenue at 49th Street)
Find out more about the event.
Duff & Phelps' Nick Johnston will be speaking at the European American Chamber of Commerce's Shifting Paradigm of Data Security: Intelligence & Big Data seminar.
The threat of cybercrime and the importance of taking measures to increase cybersecurity is a timely and relevant topic for both European and American companies as well as other institutions, especially when dealing with big data and data flows across international borders.
Thus, it is of utmost importance to educate the business community as well as the general public on this issue and to map out similarities and differences in regulations between Europe and the US.
This is especially relevant for multinational companies but also applies to other actors that are working internationally. This event also aims to highlight some of the research and best practices in cyber security from Europe and the US.
Panelists will discuss:
Hacking Trends & Tools of the Trade on both sides of the Atlantic
- Recent hacking trends and tradecraft
- Hacking, politics and "war by other means"
Cyber-Regulation in the EU & US
- What is the current regulatory environment? Are current regulations effective?
- Unity and Divergence: US and EU perspectives on breaches and legal responses
- Compliance is no guarantee for security
Prevention & Breach Management
- What companies on both sides of the Atlantic need to know about their vulnerabilities
- How to prepare for the worst case scenario: Turning a soft target into a hard target
- Why experts are often wrong
Duff & Phelps advised on the recapitalization of
October 17, 2017 Chicago
March 30, 2017 New Orleans,