Alexandre Pierantoni, Managing Director in Duff & Phelps’ M&A Advisory practice, will participate in a roundtable discussion on trends in anti-corruption/compliance and M&A in Latin America. Hosted by Jones Day and the Brazil-Florida Business Council, the event will take place on October 3 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Discussion topics include:
- The Department of Justice’s (DOJ) close cooperation with Brazilian authorities and the increasing number of Brazil-related investigations.
- The most recent trends in anti-corruption in Brazil such as the use of cooperators, and leniency agreements.
- Lava Jato’s expansion to other industries such as healthcare, “money movers,” and key issues in doing M&A deals where there are Lava Jato assets.
- Miami’s real estate market and its use by Brazilians for money laundering as a potential new area for Brazilian authorities to explore.
- Compliance topics, such as the use of distributors/sub-distributors and the importance of third-party due diligence in Brazil.
- Current developments in Brazilian M&A, including in privatization trends and Petrobrás asset sales.
- New trends in M&A in the Latin American region, including Multilatinas and the effect of political elections on M&A activity.
- Emerging private equity activity in Latin America.
- Financing and liability management trends in Latin America.
- Investments in Brazil and Latin America in light of tax reform in the U.S. and Latin America.
For more information, please visit the Brazil-Florida Business Council website.
Comprehensive support throughout mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.Corporate Finance
Middle-market M&A advisory differentiated by industry expertise and superior deal execution.M&A Advisory
Transaction Advisory Services
Seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.Transaction Advisory Services
Distressed M&A and Special Situations
Financial and operational solutions for distressed and special situations.Distressed M&A and Special Situations
Private Capital Markets
Senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt and venture/private equity for a wide range of transactions.Private Capital Markets
has been acquired by
$130 million credit facility
October 17, 2017 Chicago
March 30, 2017 New Orleans,