Alexandre Pierantoni, Managing Director in Duff & Phelps’ M&A Advisory practice, will participate in a roundtable discussion on trends in anti-corruption/compliance and M&A in Latin America. Hosted by Jones Day and the Brazil-Florida Business Council, the event will take place on October 3 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Discussion topics include:
- The Department of Justice’s (DOJ) close cooperation with Brazilian authorities and the increasing number of Brazil-related investigations.
- The most recent trends in anti-corruption in Brazil such as the use of cooperators, and leniency agreements.
- Lava Jato’s expansion to other industries such as healthcare, “money movers,” and key issues in doing M&A deals where there are Lava Jato assets.
- Miami’s real estate market and its use by Brazilians for money laundering as a potential new area for Brazilian authorities to explore.
- Compliance topics, such as the use of distributors/sub-distributors and the importance of third-party due diligence in Brazil.
- Current developments in Brazilian M&A, including in privatization trends and Petrobrás asset sales.
- New trends in M&A in the Latin American region, including Multilatinas and the effect of political elections on M&A activity.
- Emerging private equity activity in Latin America.
- Financing and liability management trends in Latin America.
- Investments in Brazil and Latin America in light of tax reform in the U.S. and Latin America.
For more information, please visit the Brazil-Florida Business Council website.
Comprehensive support throughout mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.Corporate Finance
Middle-market M&A advisory differentiated by industry expertise and superior deal execution.M&A Advisory
Transaction Advisory Services
Seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.Transaction Advisory Services
Distressed M&A and Special Situations
Financial and operational solutions for distressed and special situations.Distressed M&A and Special Situations
Private Capital Markets
Senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt and venture/private equity for a wide range of transactions.Private Capital Markets
has been acquired by
all subsidiaries, affiliates and assets have been acquired by an affiliate of
October 17, 2017 Chicago
March 30, 2017 New Orleans,