Bruce Greenberg, managing director of the Real Estate Advisory Group at Duff & Phelps, based in Mexico City is a panelist at the 2018 Annual Conference of the ABA Section of International Law in New York. The topic of the panel is “Financing your Dream property Overseas – Challenges and Opportunities in Mortgage Lending for International Real Estate Investors”
Register now for the event.
Schedule: 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. (EST)
The panelists will address the following topics:
- How can foreign investors get local financing?
- Is your client dreaming of owning that flat in New York, Barcelona, Canada, or a beach house in Mexico, but needs a loan?
- Would this financing require a joint venture with a local partner?
- Do the recent EEA financial institution regulations and EU bail-in provisions have any impact?
- Would the KYC (Know your Customer) regulations, OFAC and the Patriot Act make things more difficult in the United States.
- Bruce Greenberg, Duff & Phelps, Mexico City, Mexico
- John Hutmacher, Blakes, Toronto, Canada
- Ben Rosen, Rosen Law, Los Cabos, Mexico
Panel Co-Chair & Moderator:
- Margaret Baisley, Baisley Law, New York, NY
Panel Co-Chair and Speaker:
- Gerard Hernandez Colet, Cuatrecasas, Barcelona, Spain
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Real Estate Advisory Group
Leading provider of real estate valuation and consulting for investments and transactions.Real Estate Advisory Group