Managing Director and Leader of Duff & Phelps’ Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory practice, Robert Peters, will present on Clear Law Institute’s webinar titled, “Unclaimed Property: Mitigating Risks Arising from Tougher State Enforcement”.
In this practical webinar, you will receive an update on the increased enforcement efforts by the states upon corporate holders to comply with the unclaimed property statutes. These efforts include the increased use of 3rd party contingent fee contract auditors, continued aggressive interpretation of unclaimed property principles (despite some recent holder favorable court decisions), and legislative efforts in some states to expand scope of unclaimed property. You will also learn the steps companies can take to both minimize their risk in event of audit, as well as those who may be contemplating coming forward on a voluntary basis with one or more states.
You can receive a 35% discount off of the registration fee by using the discount code RPDGK105995.
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. (ET)
Upon course completion, you will be able to describe:
- Various audit landscape across the country; including the latest developments in major jurisdictions, including Delaware, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Texas and California.
- Status of several major critical cases that will impact companies under single or multi-state audits, Voluntary Disclosure Programs and in the process of assessing potential liability to one or more states.
- Recommendations on steps an organization can take to prepare itself in event of an audit and those activities that will help to minimize the risk of liability.
- “Best Practice” recommendations to establish ongoing policies and procedures for the gathering, tracking, and reporting of potential items of unclaimed property across either a centralized or de-centralized organization.
- Forecast of how the future in likely to look in three-five years.
- Eligible for 1.5 Hours in the auditing/taxes discipline
- Robert Peters, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
- Diane Green-Kelly, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Property tax, site selection, transfer pricing, sales and use tax and unclaimed property advisory.Tax Services
Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory
Assistance to identify, manage and implement controls relating to transaction taxes and unclaimed property.Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory
$130 million credit facility
Duff & Phelps advised on the recapitalization of
November 28-29, 2018 La Jolla,
November 28-29, 2018 La Jolla