Duff & Phelps Property Tax practice is a proud sponsor of the 2018 Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)’s Annual Conference which will be held June 24-27 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Learn more about the conference
The annual conference covers topics that focus on current issues and best practices in the state and local tax (SALT) world, including:
- Cross-Border Canadian Sales Taxes
- Sampling: Big Data, Big IDR’s and Big Unknowns
- Reserves and ASC 450
- Economic Nexus/Quill
- After Wayfair: M&A Considerations in a Post-Physical-Presence Nexus World
- Incorporating Automation and Artificial Intelligence Into Your Indirect Tax Department Strategy
- Deep Dive: Sales Tax Rebate Incentive Program
- False Claims and Consumer Fraud
- Identifying, Pursuing and Maximizing Property Tax Incentives
- Separating Intangible Assets
- Mergers and Acquisitions and Property Tax The Cost Approach and All That Jazz
- Property Tax Considerations for Site Selection
- A Look at Inventory Property Tax Reporting
- State Implications of the Federal Partnership Rules
- Federal Tax Reform: A Deeper Look into State Income Tax Implications
Managing Director and Head of Duff & Phelps’ Global Tax Services practice Robert Herman will participate on the property tax program panel titled, "Is it Real Property, or is it Personal Property? Who Cares? You Do!" This session will explain why you should care about the distinction between real property and personal property and how to make that distinction.
Director David Perkins in Duff & Phelps’ Property Tax practice will particpate on the property tax program panel titled, “Software of Things – Case Study of California Software Exemption”. While the case study focuses on California, this presentation has significant best practice applicabilitiy to jurisdictions with similar views of software and more generally on how to be successful in proving your software case.
Vice President Anthony Schum in Duff & Phelps’ Property Tax and Site Selection and Incentives Advisory practices will participate on the joint credits and incentives and property tax program panel titled, “Love at First Sight? Property Tax Considerations for Site Selection”. This session will discuss criteria for site selection through a property tax lens, including availability of credits and incentives, complexity of working with state and local jurisdictions and understanding special taxing districts.
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Property tax, site selection, transfer pricing, sales and use tax and unclaimed property advisory.Tax Services
Property Tax Services
Property tax management and minimization services and strategies.Property Tax Services
Site Selection and Incentives Advisory
Assistance for businesses to realize economic development incentives.Site Selection and Incentives Advisory
has been acquired by
$130 million credit facility
September 11-12, 2019 Paris
August 5-9, 2019 Texas