Join the Duff & Phelps' Portfolio Valuation practice and CFA Society San Francisco for a robust discussion of "Fair Value – What Does It Mean, How Is It Determined, and Why Is It Important?"
Venture capital, private equity, corporates and even institutional investors are investing in private companies both through debt and equity. Increasingly, regulators, auditors, investors, and the public at large are asking questions about how these investments should be valued at each reporting date.
Schedule: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (PDT) (Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served.)
Discussion topics include:
- Fair Value - How is it defined and estimated?
- Why do investors care about fair value?
- ASU 2016-01 - Measuring financial instruments at fair value: potential pitfalls of corporates electing a cost practical expedient
- New working draft of AICPA PE/VC Valuation guidance - Will it change existing practice?
- Case studies - Examples of best practices in valuing debt and equity investments
- Valuation of unicorns - separating fact from fiction
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Alternative Asset Advisory
Transparent valuations of illiquid investments and complex securities and liquidity solutions through secondary market transactions.Alternative Asset Advisory
Alternative investment valuation for private equity and hedge funds.Portfolio Valuation
Duff & Phelps advised on the recapitalization of
Duff & Phelps provided valuation and related advisory services to the Board of OHA Holdings LImited in its recent ownership consolidation of Irving Oil, Limited
November 28-29, 2018 La Jolla,
November 28-29, 2018 La Jolla