Join the Duff & Phelps' Portfolio Valuation practice and CFA Society San Francisco for a robust discussion of "Fair Value – What Does It Mean, How Is It Determined, and Why Is It Important?"
Venture capital, private equity, corporates and even institutional investors are investing in private companies both through debt and equity. Increasingly, regulators, auditors, investors, and the public at large are asking questions about how these investments should be valued at each reporting date.
Schedule: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. PDT (Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served.)
Discussion topics include:
- Fair Value - How is it defined and estimated?
- Why do investors care about fair value?
- ASU 2016-01 - Measuring financial instruments at fair value: potential pitfalls of corporates electing a cost practical expedient
- New working draft of AICPA PE/VC Valuation guidance - Will it change existing practice?
- Case studies - Examples of best practices in valuing debt and equity investments
- Valuation of unicorns - separating fact from fiction
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Alternative Asset Advisory
Transparent valuations of illiquid investments and complex securities and liquidity solutions through secondary market transactions.Alternative Asset Advisory
Alternative investment valuation for private equity and hedge funds.Portfolio Valuation
Takata Europe GmbH has completed the sale of certain assets and liabilities to Key Safety Systems, Inc.
BMW Group and Daimler AG combined their mobility services in an equally-owned joint venture
Independent financial advisor to BMW Group and Daimler AG in connection with the transaction
completed the equity recapitalization of Scholz Recycling GmbH, a direct and wholly-owned subsidiary of Scholz Holding GmbH, through a EUR 80m cash capital increase from Chiho Environmental Group Limited.
has completed the spin-off of
October 17, 2017 Chicago
March 30, 2017 New Orleans,