Director Sonia Walwyn in Duff & Phelps’ Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory practice will present on Clear Law Institute’s webinar titled, “Unclaimed Property Multi-State Contingent Fee Audits: Are You Prepared?”.
States’ auditors conduct unclaimed property audits on businesses. Those with unused vendor checks, gift cards, abandoned sources of income, third-party contracts, or misreported assets may be at risk. In this practical webinar, you will learn how to prepare for these audits and ensure future compliance.
You can receive a 35% discount off of the registration fee by using the discount code SWalwyn106147.
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. (ET)
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe what is unclaimed property and what is “not”
- Identify areas where companies are at risk for audit
- Recognize state audit triggers
- Identify how to prepare for an audit
- Describe how to manage and defend against a multi-state contingent fee audit
- Recognize aggressive state tactics and audit approaches
- Know and understand your rights
- Analyze current cases impacted to track favorable vs. unfavorable unclaimed property laws
- Eligible for 1.5 Hours in the auditing/taxes discipline
- Sonia Walwyn, Director, Duff & Phelps
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Property tax, site selection, transfer pricing, sales and use tax and unclaimed property advisory.Tax Services
Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory
Assistance to identify, manage and implement controls relating to transaction taxes and unclaimed property.Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory
has merged with Patton Wings, an investment entity affiliated with
has been acquired by
with financing provided by