Join the Duff & Phelps Unclaimed Property Advisory team for an informative and interactive webcast titled "Unclaimed Property Compliance in 2019 – A Moving Target of Litigation, Legislative Changes, Enforcement Notices and Deadlines" where we explore the landscape of unclaimed property compliance in 2019.
During Q1 2019, there were a dizzying array of activities in the unclaimed property arena. As the Spring 2019 reporting season closes out, we will discuss these high-impact developments and cover key best practices to help you prepare for the Fall 2019 reporting season.
Schedule: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (ET)
Discussion Topics Include:
- Delaware’s Voluntary Disclosure and Audit Enforcement Initiative: All Delaware incorporated companies are at risk of the state’s 2019 landmark enforcement initiative. We will discuss what to do and what to expect if your corporation receives a notice.
- Fall 2019 Unclaimed Property Reporting Season Survival Guide: Eleven jurisdictions have “spring” filing deadlines between March 1, 2019 and July 1, 2019. As we close out the Spring 2019 season, we will share best practices for ensuring compliance with the 40 states that require filing on October 31 and November 1.
- Key Legislation: There are over 40 unclaimed property bills on the move in state legislatures across the U.S. We will review the most impactful for U.S. corporations and examine 2018’s adopted changes that are materially impacting compliance in 2019. These include Illinois’ retroactive repeal of exemptions.
- Univar v. Delaware: We will examine this lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of Delaware challenging that state’s use of estimation during unclaimed property audits and impact on current negotiations.
- Delaware v. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin et al: On the 2019 docket of the U.S. Supreme Court, this challenge by Pennsylvania and other states under Texas v. New Jersey could end
- Delaware’s use of the second priority rule to collect “address unknown” property. We will discuss how such an outcome would fundamentally alter the landscape of unclaimed property compliance.
Who Should Attend:
- Tax Directors
- Treasury Directors
- Compliance Directors
- Internal Audit
- Legal Counsel
- Robert Peters, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
- Keela Ross, Director, Duff & Phelps
- Scott Regan, Director, Duff & Phelps
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Property tax, site selection, transfer pricing, sales and use tax and unclaimed property advisory.Tax Services
Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory
Assistance to identify, manage and implement controls relating to transaction taxes and unclaimed property.Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory
$130 million credit facility
Following an accelerated M&A process, Duff & Phelps sold the business and assets to Reynolds Catering Supplies Limited in a transaction which preserved the jobs of all 62 staff.
March 29 - April 1, 2020 Tucson
February 26-28, 2020 Boston