As a follow-up to our March and April 2020 webcasts focused on valuing private investments, we will discuss key considerations and best practices for Latin American fund managers and investors when estimating fair value at June 30, 2020. Our experts will answer questions and discuss practical steps to valuing non-traded or infrequently traded equity and debt investments as fund managers and investors exercise their fiduciary duty to report independent and credible fair value information to stakeholders. The webcast will include a focused discussion on the real estate sector in Latin America, and how this asset class has been affected by the pandemic. We will also have a conversation with Octavio Ballinas, Financial Vice-President of Comisión Nacional del Sistema de Ahorro para el Retiro – CONSAR to provide an update on the evolving investment regime of the pension funds in Mexico.
Schedule: 11:00 p.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Mexico City Time)
- What has changed economically from March 31 and how should those changes be reflected when valuing illiquid investments at June 30, 2020?
- Public markets remain volatile but have rebounded to some extent. Does this mean that the valuation of private investments has also rebounded?
- Should portfolio companies be expected to reforecast every quarter in the current environment?
- Does the current economic environment make calibration less meaningful?
- Valuation of specific on the effect COVID-19 has on the Real Estate asset class.
- Alex Stern, Managing Director, Valuation Advisory
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Objective valuations for financial reporting, tax and management planning purposes.Valuation Services
Alternative investment valuation for private equity and hedge funds.Portfolio Valuation
has signed a binding offer to acquire five data centers from
Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M), has completed a refinancing transaction, raising approximately $4.5 billion of new financing, including an asset-based credit line and the issuance of senior secured notes