International Valuation Webinar Series
May 17-27, 2021
Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business, and the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC) are pleased to invite you to an international valuation webinar series held May 17–27. The series will offer free webinars with leading experts from valuation, accounting, finance and business, as they consider some of the major factors shaping valuation today.
The five interactive panel discussions will assemble over 20 leading experts from around the world, including IVSC Chair and former UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, Alistair Darling; Duff & Phelps Southeast Asia Leader, Srividya Gopal; Head of Global Valuation at Bank of America, Ben Ryan; former Singapore Deputy Finance Minister, Hwee Hua Lim; and current International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) President, Alan Johnson.
The topics and dates for this year’s International Valuation Webinar Series are below.
|Coming Out of Lockdown: Assessing the Global Outlook||May 17, 2021 / 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. BST
|Valuation and the Rise of Alternative Investments||May 20, 2021 / 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. BST
|Treatment of Operating Leases under IFRS and U.S. GAAP||May 21, 2021 / 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. BST
|Putting Value at the Core of ESG||May 26, 2021 / 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. BST
|What Will LIBOR Cessation Mean for Valuation?||May 27, 2021 / 2 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. BST
Coming Out of Lockdown: Assessing the Global Outlook
Date: May 17, 2021
Time: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. BST
As countries throughout the world begin to open up after long periods of lockdown, our distinguished panel will consider the possible routes to recovery and the implications for value and valuation.
- Ethiopis Tafara, Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, World Bank Group MIGA
- Alistair Darling, IVSC Chair and former UK Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Lim Hwee Hua, IVSC Trustee and former Deputy Finance Minister of Singapore
- Srividya Gopal, Managing Director and Southeast Asia Leader, Valuation Advisory Services, Duff & Phelps
- Jonathan Hausman, Managing Director and Head of Global Strategic Relationships, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
Valuation and the Rise of Alternative Investments
Date: May 20, 2021
Time: 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. BST
In the pursuit of yield, investors are increasingly looking to new or alternative assets as part of their strategy. Join our panel of leading experts and they look at some of the valuation considerations in this new investment landscape.
- David Larsen, IVSC Standards Review Board Member and Managing Director, Alternative Asset Advisory, Duff & Phelps
- Karla Bullard, CFO and Managing Director, Madison Dearborn Partners
- Yann Magnan, CEO, 73 Strings
- Erica Herberg, CFO and Managing Director, ALPINVEST
- Sean McKee, National Practice Leader, Public Investment Management, KPMG
Treatment of Operating Leases under IFRS and U.S. GAAP
Date: May 21, 2021
Time: 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. BST
The session looks at the treatment of operating leases under IFRS 16 and ASC 842.
These standards became effective on January 1, 2019, for calendar-year companies, requiring operating leases to be capitalized on companies’ balance sheets (among other provisions). While these standards were the result of a several-year-long joint project between the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), ultimately, both boards could not agree on a fully converged set of standards.
Join our panel of experts as they look at the differences between the new lease standards and the challenges when analyzing and comparing companies within the same industry that report under different accounting rules.
- Carla Nunes, Managing Director, Office of Professional Practice, Duff & Phelps
- Steve Cooper, Author of The Footnote Analyst
- CK Lau, Asia Managing Director, Colliers International
- Brian O’Donovan, Partner KPMG and IFRS Interpretations Committee Member
- Sandy Peters, Senior Head of Global Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute
Putting Value at the Core of ESG
Date: May 26, 2021
Time: 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. BST
Join our panel of international experts as they discuss the rise of ESG in a post-pandemic world.
The coronavirus pandemic has acted as a catalyst for ESG with government, business and investors considering the future through the lens of sustainability and societal impact.
As markets, economies and industries adapt to a new world, our panel will focus on the role ESG will play in defining the future.
- Anton Colella, Global CEO, Moore International
- Alan Johnson, President, International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- Susann Ihlau, Partner, Mazars
- Andrew Probert, Global Transaction Structuring and Accounting Leader, Duff & Phelps
- Ranjit Singh, former Deputy Chair, International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
What Will LIBOR Cessation Mean for Valuation?
Date: May 27, 2021
Time: 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. BST
The end of the world’s most important number: What will the Interbank Offered Rate (IBOR) reform and the cessation of LIBOR mean for valuations?
Join our expert panel as they consider the impending cessation of LIBOR and the major considerations that preparers and users of valuation information need to be familiar with.
- Kumar Dasgupta, IVSC Financial Instruments Technical Director
- Ben Ryan, Global Valuation Leader, Bank of America
- Marcus Morton, Managing Director, Valuation Advisory Services, Duff & Phelps
- Catherine Adams, Senior Technical Specialist, Bank of England Prudential Regulation Authority
- Justin Keane, Principle, PwC
- Thomas Lee, Partner, KPMG
Register Now /-/media/Kroll/Images/Events/2021/Featured Images/institutional-investors-conference-alternative-investment-operations-th.ashx
Objective valuations for financial reporting, tax and management planning purposes.
Alternative Asset Advisory
Provides an array of consulting services to alternative investment managers and investors.
Transaction Advisory Services
Seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.
Leading provider of charging solutions for electric vehicles