In today's competitive and highly scrutinized world, it is crucial to be able to bid competitively for an acquisition and yet not beyond what the deal is really worth. In some markets, traditional valuation based on the income approach often falls short of the asking price, leading either to frustration or to bidding high enough to win but without a solid value foundation. A real options approach could be the answer as it explicitly considers flexibilities and correctly captures risks. The approach is applicable to every industry and can be particularly valuable in a transaction context.
Duration is 1 hour
This complimentary webcast replay will explode some common myths about real options and illustrate their successful application to transaction valuation through case study examples.
- When does a traditional discounted cash flow approach undervalue a transaction?
- What is a real option?
- Exploding common myths about valuing real options
- Real-life examples illustrating simple yet powerful applications of real options in transactions
- Lynne Weber, Ph.D., Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
Who should view this webcast replay?
- Business Development Executives, CEOs, CFOs and other executives with responsibility for M&A , licensing, partnerships, and/or joint ventures
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Objective valuations for financial reporting, tax and management planning purposes.Valuation Services
Strategic Value Advisory
Assistance evaluating strategic alternatives and identifying growth strategies.Strategic Value Advisory