The most sweeping financial reform bill since the Great Depression was signed into law yesterday by President Obama. The spotlight now turns to rule-making and implementation issues that require deep thought and broad insight.
Duff & Phelps invites you to join former SEC Chairman, William Donaldson, and other experts from our team in a discussion focused on practical questions raised and possible approaches that regulators and regulatees may adopt to comply with the legislation.
Duration is 1 hour
The panelists will address key questions, including:
- What impact will the Volcker Rule have on banks (e.g. disposal of private equity and hedge funds)?
- What impact will registration have on investment managers?
- Can data provided to the new Office of Financial Research be protected from FOIA requests?
- Does the Financial Stability Oversight Council have the ability to create or suggest accounting standards?
- How will the Act impact US GAAP and International Accounting Standards convergence?
- Will the Act or proposed FASB rules have a greater impact on the derivatives market?
- William Donaldson, Chief Corporate Advisor, Duff & Phelps
- David Larsen, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
- Jerry Arcy, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.Valuation Advisory
Alternative Asset Advisory
Transparent valuations of illiquid investments and complex securities and liquidity solutions through secondary market transactions.Alternative Asset Advisory
Alternative investment valuation for private equity and hedge funds.Portfolio Valuation