Duff & Phelps held a webcast on the recent decision of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware in Temple-Inland, Inc. v. Cook. The webcast explores the court’s decision and its impact on the future of unclaimed property compliance and risk management.
- Overview and implications of the Federal District Court’s decision, including what the court did – and did NOT do – in this decision
- Delaware’s reaction (across agencies and programs) and anticipated next steps
- Options for companies currently either under audit or enrolled in one or more Voluntary Disclosure Programs
- Future planning considerations in an uncertain environment
- Robert Peters, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps
- Kendall Houghton, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
- Patrick Reynolds, Tax Counsel, Council On State Taxation (COST)