International Valuation Webinar Series
Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business, recently hosted an international valuation webinar series in partnership with the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC). In the series, leading experts from valuation, accounting, finance and business discussed some of the major factors shaping valuation today.
The International Valuation Webinar Series replays can be accessed below.
Coming out of Lockdown: Assessing the Global Outlook
As countries throughout the world begin to open up after long periods of lockdown, our distinguished panel considered the possible routes to recovery and the implications for value and valuation.
- Ethiopis Tafara, Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, World Bank Group MIGA
- Alistair Darling, IVSC Chair and former UK Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Lim Hwee Hua, IVSC Trustee and former Deputy Finance Minister of Singapore
- Srividya Gopal, Managing Director and Southeast Asia Leader, Valuation Advisory Services, Duff & Phelps
- Jonathan Hausman, Managing Director and Head of Global Strategic Relationships, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
Valuation and the Rise of Alternative Investments
In the pursuit of yield, investors are increasingly looking to new or alternative assets as part of their strategy. Our panel looked at some of the valuation considerations in this new investment landscape.
- David Larsen, IVSC Standards Review Board Member and Managing Director, Alternative Asset Advisory, Duff & Phelps
- Karla Bullard, CFO and Managing Director, Madison Dearborn Partners
- Yann Magnan, CEO, 73 Strings
- Erica Herberg, CFO and Managing Director, ALPINVEST
- Sean McKee, National Practice Leader, Public Investment Management, KPMG
Treatment of Operating Leases under IFRS and U.S. GAAP
The session looked at the treatment of operating leases under IFRS 16 and ASC 842.
Our panel discussed the differences between the new lease standards and the challenges when analyzing and comparing companies within the same industry that report under different accounting rules.
- Carla Nunes, Managing Director, Office of Professional Practice, Duff & Phelps
- Steve Cooper, Author of The Footnote Analyst
- CK Lau, Asia Managing Director, Colliers International
- Brian O’Donovan, Partner KPMG and IFRS Interpretations Committee Member
- Sandy Peters, Senior Head of Global Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute
Putting Value at the Core of ESG
The coronavirus pandemic has acted as a catalyst for ESG with government, business and investors considering the future through the lens of sustainability and societal impact.
Our panel discussed the rise of ESG in a post-pandemic world.
- Anton Colella, Global CEO, Moore International
- Alan Johnson, President, International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- Susann Ihlau, Partner, Mazars
- Andrew Probert, Global Transaction Structuring and Accounting Leader, Duff & Phelps
- Ranjit Singh, former Deputy Chair, International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
What Will LIBOR Cessation Mean for Valuation?
Our experts discussed the impending cessation of LIBOR and the major considerations that preparers and users of valuation information need to be familiar with.
- Kumar Dasgupta, IVSC Financial Instruments Technical Director
- Ben Ryan, Global Valuation Leader, Bank of America
- Marcus Morton, Managing Director, Valuation Advisory Services, Duff & Phelps
- Catherine Adams, Senior Technical Specialist, Bank of England Prudential Regulation Authority
- Justin Keane, Principle, PwC
- Thomas Lee, Partner, KPMG
Objective valuations for financial reporting, tax and management planning purposes.
Alternative Asset Advisory
Provides an array of consulting services to alternative investment managers and investors.
Transaction Advisory Services
Seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.