The global financial crisis was the catalyst for an era of sweeping regulatory change across the financial services industry. Financial institutions now face stringent requirements in relation areas such as risk management frameworks and risk culture, capital adequacy, liquidity adequacy, stress tests and resolution plans. The ability of the board of directors and senior management to demonstrate the firm’s resilience through sound risk management and capital planning practices remains a key priority for the regulator.
How Duff & Phelps Can Help
Our Enterprise and Capital Risk Management practice assists U.S. firms with a broad range of regulatory requirements, including:
- Risk management frameworks: assisting with or reviewing the firm’s arrangements in relation to the identification, quantification, reporting and management of all types of risk, including advising on risk governance matters.
- Capital planning: reviewing and advising on the firm’s capital plan under CCAR requirements.
- Model risk management: model validation for various valuation and risk management processes linked to financial reporting and CCAR processes.
- CCAR and DFAST: analytical and advisory services related to CCAR and DFAST reporting including in relation to recovery and resolution planning, strategy and living will submissions.
- Regulatory reporting: assisting with the preparation of regulatory reporting forms such as FR Y-14A/Q/M as well as assisting with CCAR CFO attestations.
- Health check: Undertaking a high level gap analysis of your current capital and enterprise risk management arrangements against regulatory expectations and industry best practice.
- Review and recommend: Undertaking independent bespoke reviews of your current arrangements against regulatory expectations and industry best practice to identify opportunities for improvements to processes, procedures and controls.
- Assurance: Providing assurance on the effectiveness of the design and operation of capital planning and risk related controls.
- Change management: Designing, managing and implementing change programs.
- Remediation: Developing and assisting with the implementation of remediation plans to address supervisory concerns.
- Policies and framework: Reviewing or documenting policies, procedures and controls.
- Training: Providing tailored training and workshops to key staff.
- Compliance monitoring and internal audit: Designing, implementing and / or reviewing internal monitoring arrangements in relation to capital and enterprise risk management.
Alternative Asset Advisory
Transparent valuations of illiquid investments and complex securities and liquidity solutions through secondary market transactions.Alternative Asset Advisory
Alternative investment valuation for private equity and hedge funds.Portfolio Valuation
Comprehensive support for asset managers registering in the U.S.U.S. Regulation