Duff & Phelps helps boards of directors and special committees formed by boards fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities when considering many corporate transactions.
Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps Ranked #1 for Announced Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and Globally in 2019, according to Thomson Reuters’ “Global Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2019."
Duff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking first for announced fairness opinions the past five years. Since 2005, we have provided more than 900 fairness opinions (nearly $370 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
Duff & Phelps has rendered 900 Solvency Opinions ($3.9 trillion in deal value) related to:
- Dividend recapitalizations
- Debt refinancings
- Intercompany restructurings
- Spin-offs and split-offs
- Duff & Phelps also has dedicated expertise in Commercially Reasonable Debt Opinions and ESOP and ERISA Advisory.
- Core Practice: Ranked #1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally the past five years and is a leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (more than 1,800 fairness and solvency opinions and $4.3 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions in which Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism
Objective valuations for financial reporting, tax and management planning purposes.Valuation Services
Strategic Value Advisory
Assistance evaluating strategic alternatives and identifying growth strategies.Strategic Value Advisory
Middle-market M&A advisory differentiated by industry expertise and superior deal execution.M&A Advisory
Transaction Advisory Services
Seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.Transaction Advisory Services
Financial Sponsors Group
Dedicated coverage and access to M&A deal-flow for financial sponsors.Financial Sponsors Group
M&A Post Acquisition Disputes
Expert consulting and testifying services related to post-acquisition purchase price disputes.M&A Post Acquisition Disputes
Experienced arbitrators and expert witnesses across a wide array of sectors.Arbitration
Comprehensive Due Diligence Solution
Comprehensive diligence support primarily in the areas of tax, compliance and regulatory, operations, financial and accounting, investigations and disputes and cyber/IT risk.Comprehensive Due Diligence Solution
View key 2020 industry trends as well as some of our recent corporate finance transactions with our incredible clients.
Corporate Finance Accomplishments and 2020 Industry Trends
Millennials and Auto Trends Report
Global Fraud and Risk Report 2019/20
In Defense of Fairness Opinions: An Empirical Review of Ten Years of Data
Millennial Automotive Purchase Intent on the Rise, Duff & Phelps Study Reveals
Social Media Emerges as a Growing Business Risk, According to Kroll’s Annual Global Fraud and Risk Report
Mark Kwilosz Was Quoted in Auto Service World
Alexandre Pierantoni featured in Wall Street Journal’s PE Daily
has been acquired by
has been acquired by a consortium of