Duff & Phelps brings sharp analytical skills and deep industry expertise to a broad range of intellectual property (IP) disputes, including patents, trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights matters. Our professionals assist clients at every stage of IP disputes and litigation.
We provide our clients strategic advice on valuations of intellectual property, analysis of economic issues in IP disputes, damage analysis and e-discovery and computer forensic services. Intellectual property litigation, arbitration and damages expert testimony services include:
- Early case assessment and strategy
- Litigation readiness and prevention
- Damages analysis and quantification
- Expert reports and opinions
- Mediation and settlement presentations,
- Expert witness deposition and trial testimony
- Analysis of commercial success
- Analysis of economic issues such as domestic industry and public interest
- Support in tax court related to intercompany usage of IP assets
- E-discovery and computer forensics services
- Customer surveys
Our professionals have been designated as experts in IP litigation in state and federal courts across the U.S. and Canada, the International Trade Commission and in global arbitration venues (LCIA, ICC, ICSID, SCC, HKIAC, CIETAC, SIAC, etc.). We have experience addressing the full range of potential IP damages and economic issues, including patent infringement, IP infringement, breach of contracts and licenses, reasonable royalty, lost profits, price erosion, apportionment, disgorgement, unjust enrichment, corrective advertising, ongoing royalties, domestic industry and bonding and pre- and post-judgment interest calculation.