Now more than ever, companies’ intangible assets are a significant driver of their value. As a result, strategically managing, monetizing and licensing those assets is critically important. Duff & Phelps has the experience and skills necessary to assist our clients in these areas.
Duff & Phelps professionals focus on developing the necessary tools and processes for IP holders and licensees to build, maintain and grow a successful licensing organization. Our Intellectual Property Management, Strategy and Licensing services include:
- IP monetization strategy
- IP strategic use assessment
- Portfolio management and assessment
- Licensing strategy and royalty rate analysis, including for standard-essential patents.
- Valuation of IP investment strategy, ROI
- Contract negotiation support
- Joint venture analysis
- IP holding companies
- Intercompany licensing structures
- Build vs. buy analysis
- Capture and develop policies and procedures
- Strategic planning and business process improvement
- Inventory and scoring