Duff & Phelps is a truly independent industry leader in the valuation of intellectual property and functions for tax purposes.
Multinational companies often use intellectual property across multiple tax jurisdictions which may require valuations of that intellectual property for tax purposes.
Our team provides consistent, balanced analyses that are defensible for tax and other purposes (e.g., financial reporting) and compliant with IRS and OECD standards.
IP-Related Transfer Pricing and Tax Services include:
- Analysis of cross-border transactions
- Valuations and analysis related or third-party cost sharing arrangements
- Calculation of buy-in payments
- Support in tax audits related to intercompany usage of IP assets
- Valuations of high value functions for transfer pricing purposes
- Valuations of embedded intangibles in fixed asset records for property tax exemptions
- Real property leasehold valuation
- Tax planning and compliance
- Patent box/innovation tax incentives advisory
- IP/R&D center location advisory
- R&D credits and grants advisory